What Goes Around Comes Around
Mentors play a vital role in supporting our entrepreneurs. They provide important depth and breadth to our programme. Their experiences and lessons-learned help guide our entrepreneurs in their entrepreneurial journeys.
Branson Centre Caribbean Mentors are passionate about our programme and supporting entrepreneurs who aim to scale their business.
We bring together ‘best fits’ from our global network of business leaders and our Caribbean community of entrepreneurs through the use an online mentorship platform that intelligently matches mentors and mentees. By assessing the entrepreneur’s needs, the mentor’s expertise and overall personality fit, we facilitate pairings that provide mutual benefit to both parties. Careful not to leave everything up to technology, we also have a dedicated Mentorship Manager who manages the matching process and guides the mentor and mentee along their 6-month mentorship relationship. It’s a win-win situation that provides crucial support for the entrepreneur and a rewarding giveback opportunity for the mentor.
Why is mentoring important for our entrepreneurs?
- Our approach to the development of entrepreneurial skills is practical and experiential. Mentoring accelerates learning and the development of entrepreneurs by having focused conversations rather than simply learning how to apply theory to practice.
- Mentoring keeps the mentee focused on the business priorities, goals and sustainability of the business.
- It builds resilience to help the mentee meet the challenges of a growing business.
- Trying to scale a business can sometimes be a lonely activity. Mentors can listen, encourage and give a little tough love when needed, making the difference between growth and stagnation.
THE REAL DEAL
We look for experienced business leaders who are passionate about giving back and sharing their experiences and expertise with budding entrepreneurs. In order to maintain a high standard of support, our global community of mentors is comprised of seasoned entrepreneurs and executives with at least 10 years experience running their own business or at least 7 years ‘intrapreneurship’ experience on the Executive/Board level or 10 years combined experience. By sharing their insights and business knowledge, our mentors help to move the needle for start-up growth in the Caribbean.
If you are passionate about business and can give 1-2 hours a month to share what you know and make a difference to a young entrepreneur, then register HERE to join our network of leading Caribbean and international business mentors.
How do mentors benefit?
- New entrepreneurs have fresh energy and enthusiasm, and often inspire their mentors to rekindle their passion for their own businesses.
- New entrepreneurs are innovative and up-to-date with the latest business trends and technologies. Mentors can tap into brand new approaches to solving business challenges.
- Regular interaction through mentoring improves communication and leadership skills.
- A strong sense of accomplishment and satisfaction comes from passing on knowledge and wisdom to those who are beginning their journey.
“…the difference between a budding entrepreneur who merely shows promise and one who is already enjoying some success often comes down to mentoring.” – Richard Branson