British Virgin Islands
How It All Came Together
Launched by Sir Richard Branson himself, the Branson Centre of Entrepreneurship – Caribbean (BCoEC) opened its doors in 2011 in Jamaica.
By the end of 2014, BCoEC had successfully trained seven cohorts and they launched their online training platform, Branson Centre Caribbean Online, on March 3, 2015. The launch of the platform enabled them to begin scaling across the Caribbean.
Rewind to 2014 when KPMG (BVI) Limited, as part of KPMG’s global BRIGHT initiative, was considering how they could best use their professional skills to benefit the BVI community. Noting the significant benefits that entrepreneurship could have in the jurisdiction, alongside the barriers to starting up and growing a business in the BVI, the team pitched and won support to launch an entrepreneurial initiative in the BVI.
Given the synergy between what KPMG was trying to achieve in the BVI and BCoEC’s desire to expand their project across the Caribbean, the two global brands started exploring how they could work together to maximize the benefit for entrepreneurs in the BVI.
Where We Are Now…
In October 2015, KPMG and BCoEC reached an agreement on how KPMG could facilitate BVI entrepreneurs’ access to the BCoEC’s successful entrepreneurship accelerator programme.
Utilizing the Branson Centre Caribbean Online training platform, complemented by KPMG led in-person coaching, workshops, events and other services, BCoEC has replicated its hybrid programme, which has already been successful in Jamaica.
January 2016 marked the launch of recruitment for budding entrepreneurs to begin training and take the first step to becoming a part of the BVI’s first cohort of official entrepreneurs.
What We Offer in BVI
- World-class training via Branson Centre Caribbean Online
- Practical and focused in-person workshops
- A results-driven mentorship relationship
- Access to a pro-bono bank of professional services
- Valuable group & one-to-one coaching hours at no additional cost
- Complimentary access to networking and knowledge-building events
- Consideration for media and promotional exposure, and unique ambassador opportunities, both locally and abroad
- Key introductions to members of BCoEC & KPMG’s network for strategic partnerships and market access
- Inclusion in ‘Our Entrepreneurs’ directory for increased access to market
- Introduction to debt, equity & grant opportunities in the BVI for access to local finance
For Frequently Asked Questions on the Branson Centre Caribbean Online training and Official Entrepreneur Programme in the BVI click here
To learn more or register for the Branson Centre Caribbean Online training for entrepreneurs in the BVI, click here