The role of the Development & Communications Coordinator is to provide support with marketing and communication activities related to the objectives of the BCoEC. He/She will facilitate the dissemination of information internally and externally while coordinating event planning, promotions, social media, website administration, media outreach and partnership building. He/She will also provide specific support to major projects related to fundraising, regional expansion, website and programme development. This role has a regional remit.
- Promotion & Event Activities
- Support the production of BCoEC publications: eZine online magazine/annual report
- Using the Hootsuite dashboard, create, post and monitor content for social media and the results generated while maintaining engagement and fostering growth
- Provide support in developing, launching and executing promotional campaigns
- Solicit advertisers, sponsors and potential partners to assist with promotional campaigns and publications
- Coordinate and confirm BCoEC advertising placements
- Coordinate electronic promotions by creating and publishing campaigns via Mailchimp, while continuously updating and cleaning the contacts database
- Lead online marketing activities by driving website promotions, creating web and social media content and coordinating online ad placements
- Act as a spokesperson and ambassador for BCoEC at functions, events, interviews and any other public relations activity always promoting BCoEC in a positive way
- Maintain the BCoEC’s public relations log by monitoring, organising and storing media placements
- Report relevant statistics as it relates to all promotional activities and make recommendations where necessary
- Write material for campaigns, profiles, newsletters, email announcements and case studies
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials
- Support the design and execution of BCoEC’s events and BCoEC’s representation at events hosted by others
- Develop and manage a database of key media contacts to work closely to increase the brand awareness of the BCoEC, and assist in all public relations efforts, including writing and distributing press releases and related follow-ups
- Make telephone calls to secure RSVPs for events and other activities
- Communication Activities
- Provide outreach and support to entrepreneurs as needed through follow-ups, updates and any other communication activities geared towards maintaining positive relationships
- Keep effective activity logs on all relevant communication activities
- Manage the WordPress Content Management System and execute effective web administration
- Monitor and update the online ‘Lookbook’ and coordinate entrepreneur profile writing and submissions
- Update and maintain the communication asset inventory and publications library
- Organize and maintain the digital media archive
- Keep abreast of trends, news, events and activities as it relates to entrepreneurship and communications/marketing
- Provide support with content coordination and partnership management with Virgin Unite and Virgin Holidays
NB: This is not an exhaustive list of the Development & Communications Coordinator’s responsibilities and it shall be deemed to include any incidental and administrative duties as are reasonably required or reasonably desired for the performance of the role set out above and as directed by the Branson Centre and/or any member of the Virgin Group.
- University degree preferred, in particular, Marketing and Communications
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Sound knowledge of events planning and management
- Sound knowledge of current affairs, in particular, issues related to entrepreneurship
- Highly proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, databases, powerpoint
- Highly proficient in the use of markting platforms and online tools (such as Mailchimp, Hootsuite, WordPress, Google for Business, Dropbox etc.)
- Personal Characteristics
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with an understanding of the usage of appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques to suit various occasions
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills with a natural ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally, displaying an open and personable demeanour at all times
- Passionate about entrepreneurship and the objectives of the BCoEC with the ability to appropriately portray this passion to the public
- Be creative and innovative in identifying new promotional opportunities and developing new and unique ways to promote the BCoEC in a positive way
- Personal Characteristics
- Maintain excellent organizational skills with a proactive, detailed and analytical approach towards achieving the objectives of the BCoEC
At least two (2) years of experience in related field such as Media Relations, Marketing and Communications
The Development & Communications Coordinator works in a standard office environment at the BCoEC.
He/She works a standard work week – Mondays to Fridays from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
At this time, we are only able to consider applicants who have the right to work in Jamaica so please be prepared to present your CSME certificate.
If you strongly believe you are a great fit for this position, we encourage you to apply now by sending your C.V. via Caribbean Jobs website by May 31, 2017.